Lorena's Red Wagon...
Lorena’s Red Wagon is a Non-Profit organization and all proceeds go to domestic violence charities
and awareness events. Lorena’s Red Wagon has facilitated numerous charitable events from donating toys, sponsoring a food drives, to speaking with neglected and abused women and children.
Helping to prevent domestic violence through family oriented activities.
Lorena was born in Ecuador and raised in Venezuela. Upon completion of school she moved to the Northern Virginia area. Lorena then met John Bobbitt, and married at a very young age. Throughout her marriage she was a victim of domestic violence. Today, Lorena no longer considers herself a victim of domestic violence. With the formation of her non profit organization (Lorena’s Red Wagon), she is now able to speak out against domestic violence. The primary function of her organization is to try to prevent domestic violence through family oriented activities.
What is Domestic Abuse?
- Violent and coercive tactics committed by one intimate partner against another
- A pattern of controlling behavior that consists of physical, sexual and/or psychological abuse
- A learned behavior
- Affects not only the victim, but the family, friends and co-workers as well
Domestic Abuse Statistics
- 1 out of every 3 women are physically or sexually abused at some point in their lives.
- 4 women are murdered each day by an intimate male partner.
- A woman is battered every 15 seconds.
- Pregnant women are more likely to be victims of homicide than to die of any other cause.